REAL SKILLS, REAL SUCCESS
The Great Artist Program uses simple and proven methods to teach students the foundations of how to draw. With our elementary art lesson plans the eyes of your students will lighten up and their confidence will soar when they discover they are truly capable of creating great art.
Other art programs try to use craft projects in place of truly teaching art. Such programs don’t deliver the real skills and real success of the Great Artist Program. You’ll see the difference as your students dare to try new things and discover the artists within themselves.
The Great Artist Program includes complete lessons for 6 artists each year.
- Your 6 lesson plans provide a variety of skills learned, mediums used, and subjects studied.
- Each grade (K-6) will learn about one artist each month. The lesson plans rotate through the grades until every grade has had the opportunity to learn about and produce a masterpiece from each of the 6 artists.
- Each year, your school can purchase 6 new artists to study and complete. After 4 years, your school will have 24 amazing lessons that can be used again. If your school wishes, they can purchase a la carte lesson plans to add to your lesson library any time after the four years. Students love to repeat the lessons from 4 years ago, and see some new material as well. This is an investment for your school and your students that will benefit all of your little artists for years to come.
PROMISE OF SIMPLICITY
The Great Artist Program delivers quality art education in a complete package that’s easy to implement. Volunteer instructors are provided with a training DVD and all the materials they need to teach about great artists, great art, and foundational art techniques. Instructors need no prior art background to fully succeed.
- One-page lesson plans are quick to prepare, easy to teach
- Step-by-step transparencies demonstrate fundamental drawing skills
- Key discussion points help children talk about what they see and feel
- Training and correspondence materials are all included
VALUE OF ART EDUCATION
Teaching children art isn’t simply for sharpening creative skills. Children who participate in art education improve in:
- problem solving and critical thinking
- judging qualitative relationships
- appreciating how small differences can have large effects
- celebrating multiple perspectives